Thursday, August 9, 2012

♥ Fetch! Pet Care Dog Boarding, South Hills Pittsburgh & Oakdale Dog Walking, South Hills Pittsburgh & Oakdale Pet Care, South Hills Pittsburgh & Oakdale Pet Sitting, South Hills Pittsburgh & Oakdale Cat Care ♥

Hello friends =-)

 

I was doing some work this morning, when I came across this article posted by our Fetch corporate page.  A few things about it bothered me, so I wanted to share it with all my pet loving friends.  It's an article about how pet ownership is on a decline because of the economy.  That's very sad, and the statistics there there don't lie.  There's a lot less animal owners this year than there was 6 years ago.  Here's what bothers me about that...

When I tell people what I do for a living, I get the same comment all the time.  "That's a great industry to be in, because people are always going to have pets."  Well, it's true that some people will always have pets.  But it's disturbing to me that millions less do now than they did 6 years ago.  Aside from my job, it just makes me sad to think of that.  Just because people are adopting less pets, doesn't mean less animals exist.  It just means there's that many more homeless pets out there.

Only we can change our economy.  The less we spend, the more things will spiral downward.  Our pets are like our kids, and that's not an area to cut back on.  Let's change these statistics!  If you have the room in your house & your heart, adopt a new cat or dog this year and give them a forever home.  

My issue with this article, is that the title says that there is more loyalty to dogs.  This is crazy to me.  It's been statistically true for as long as I can remember that more homes have dogs, but there are more cats owned as pets.  This is because people with cats are more likely to have multiple cats in one house.  So that to me says that people remain loyal to both animals.   As a cat owner, the title just irked me. 

Have a good day everyone - and please, if you're in the Pittsburgh area, please continue keeping your eyes open for our missing cat, Vegas.  His photos are in my last post.  He is missed terribly.  We haven't had any sightings of him, so we think someone may have taken him in.  Thank you.

Jamie - Fetch Pet Care Pittsburgh/South Hills ♥

No comments:

Post a Comment